A Virtual Experiential Workshop Series for This Critical Time
Building inclusive learning environments has never been more important. We are living through a tumultuous time – from the COVID-19 pandemic to the groundswell of pain and activism around systemic racism. That is why the Mosaic Consulting Project is offering our Action Guide and accompanying virtual workshop series. This package will empower you with tools and curriculum to navigate interpersonal interactions and help you create a more equitable and inclusive learning community.
Castro Valley Unified School District’s Superintendent, Parvin Ahmadi, and Director of Educational Services, Nia Rashidchi share about their partnership with The Mosaic Project.
What to Expect
Our virtual interactive training series is made up of five 90-minute sessions:
- Break down the concepts of implicit bias, stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination.
- Explore how racism and other forms of discrimination appear in your school and greater community.
- Introduce “subtle acts of exclusion” (otherwise known as microaggressions) and the messages they send.
Build communication skills to connect across differences and address discrimination, including:
- Using the 3 Keys to Peace.
- Avoiding the 3 Peace Blockers.
- Assertive communication.
- Assertive conflict resolution.
- Discuss and roleplay interrupting subtle and overt acts of exclusion.
- Rehearse receiving feedback around your own acts of exclusion.
- Hands-on practice in addressing challenging scenarios.
- Overview of an anti-racist, pro-justice experiential education curriculum for elementary school students.
- Overview of an anti-racist, pro-justice CIVICS experiential education curriculum for elementary school students.
- Introduction to Mosaic’s anti-racist, pro-justice experiential education activity bank.
Our Action Guide highlights key learnings from the series. It is designed to be a quick reference that can be consulted over and over again.
Training that Makes an Impact
There are many organizations offering implicit bias and anti-racism training programs, so why work with The Mosaic Project?
The Mosaic Project team is proud to be the experts in the room. For 20 years, we have been leaders not only in anti-racism, but also in pragmatic, proactive equity and inclusion work. We know what works and what doesn’t to drive tangible action. Our dynamic facilitators have decades of hands-on experience in training, community organizing, and facilitation.
We specialize in experiential trainings. Not only are our workshops rich in content, they are also dynamic, exciting, transformational, and fun!