Year round jobs
We do not currently have openings on our year round team.
Program Instructor for Outdoor Project (spring and fall)
We are looking for dynamic, creative, experienced educators who are passionate teaching social justice and creating inclusive communities. Program Instructors will participate in a 5-day staff training followed by six weeks of teaching 4th and 5th graders at Mosaic’s Outdoor Project. During spring and fall sessions this a full-time residential position based in Felton, CA.
- Facilitate games, activities, and discussions that encourage students to appreciate and respect themselves and others.
- Provide a nurturing, safe, fun learning environment for our students.
- Work closely with other staff members to create a magical experience for our students they will never forget.
- Supervise high-school aged cabin leaders.
- Share your unique experiences, talents and skills with our community.
- Minimum age of 24.
- Experience in human-relations/diversity/cross-cultural education.
- Experience working with children, especially ages 9-11.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Stamina to work extremely long, but rewarding hours.
- Ability and desire to live and work in a tight-knit, diverse community.
- Medical, counseling, musical, theatrical, and/or art experience is desired.
- Certifications in CPR, Wilderness First Aid, and lifeguarding are desired.
- Passion for youth development, social justice, and creating peace!
Compensation: $475/week plus room and board during the week. Please do not respond unless you are able to make the entire 7-week commitment to this residential program. Dates for the Fall season are Sept. 7 – Oct. 27.
The Mosaic Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in all areas of our work. Applications are strongly encouraged from people of color, people from low-income backgrounds, immigrants, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender and genderqueer people, people who are differently-abled, and bilingual and bicultural people.