No permanent positions are currently available.
Outdoor Project Program Instructor (Spring and Fall)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2022!
We are looking for dynamic, creative, experienced educators who are passionate about teaching social justice and creating inclusive communities. Program Instructors will participate in a 6-day staff training followed by five weeks of teaching 4th and 5th graders at Mosaic’s Outdoor Project. This is a full-time residential position based in Felton, CA during the fall (September-October) and spring (April-May) seasons.
- Facilitate games, activities, and discussions that encourage students to appreciate and respect themselves and others.
- Provide a nurturing, safe, fun learning environment for our students.
- Work closely with other staff members to create a magical experience for our students they will never forget.
- Supervise high-school aged cabin leaders.
- Share your unique experiences, talents and skills with our community.
- Minimum age of 24.
- Experience in human-relations/diversity/cross-cultural education.
- Experience working with children, especially ages 9-11.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Stamina to work extremely long, but rewarding hours.
- Ability and desire to live and work in a tight-knit, diverse community.
- Medical, counseling, musical, theatrical, and/or art experience is desired.
- Certifications in CPR, Wilderness First Aid, and lifeguarding are desired.
- Passion for youth development, social justice, and creating peace!
Compensation starts at $525/week including room and board. Please do not respond unless you are able to make the entire 6-week commitment to this residential program. Dates for the Fall season are September 11th – October 22nd, 2022.
The Mosaic Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in all areas of our work. Applications are strongly encouraged from people of color, people from low-income backgrounds, immigrants, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender and genderqueer people, people who are differently-abled, and bilingual and bicultural people.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Thank you!