A Virtual Experiential Workshop Series for This Critical Time
Building an inclusive school has never been more important. We are living through a tumultuous time – from the COVID-19 pandemic to the groundswell of pain and activism around systemic racism. If schools want to be a part of the solution, they must provide their teachers and families with support. That is why the Mosaic Consulting Project is offering our Action Guide and accompanying virtual workshop series. This package will empower your teachers and families with tools to navigate interpersonal interactions and help you create a more equitable and inclusive learning community.
What to Expect
Our virtual interactive training series is made up of two core 90-minute sessions and two optional 90-minute sessions that can be customized to meet your specific needs and goals. In these four sessions, we will:
- Break down the concepts of implicit bias, stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination.
- Explore how racism and other forms of discrimination appear in your school and greater community.
- Introduce “subtle acts of exclusion” (otherwise known as microaggressions) and the messages they send.
Build communication skills to connect across differences and address discrimination, including:
- Using the 3 Keys to Peace.
- Avoiding the 3 Peace Blockers.
- Assertive Conflict Resolution.
Session Three (Optional)
- Provide hands-on practice in addressing challenging scenarios.
- Discuss and roleplay interrupting subtle and overt acts of exclusion.
- Rehearse receiving feedback around your own acts of exclusion.
Session Four (Optional)
- Envision a truly welcoming learning community.
- Recognize current school strengths as well as barriers to change.
- Identify next steps toward achieving your vision of an equitable, inclusive school.
Our Action Guide highlights key learnings from the series. It is designed to be a quick reference that can be consulted over and over again.